Friday, September 12, 2008

Ruth Malins - Featured Artist of the Month

As Blog Administrator, I am priviliged to select a Featured Artist from the ArtChix group. It is with pleasure that I choose Ruth Malins for this month's recognition. She is a Co-Founder of the ArtChix movement and a hard worker for our cause. Please read her story here:



I moved to Sun City Grand in January of 2005 and the first thing I did was join the Sun City Grand Art Club. I have served as the Club’s president for 3 years.

As a mainly representational painter, I try to depict in my work the people, places and things that give us all a sense of belonging, and feelings of peace, joy and hope. “What flows from the brush onto the canvas” is what I go with. For me, the process of creating something is equally as important as the end result. Making art is very therapeutic and I feel greatly blessed to have such an outlet. When I paint, it is as if I’ve entered into a meditative state”.

Some people say that each piece of art created is a self-portrait of the artist at the moment it is created. “My goal in painting is to “reconnect with my emotions” and have a body of work that I am proud of, and that people will enjoy. I believe I have accomplished that goal and am proud and honored to be a member of the SCG Art Club.”I am a member of the Vanguard Artist’s group and winner of a Blue Ribbon from the 2007 Peoria “Celebration of the Artists” Show.

No comments: